Monday, January 6, 2014

#avocado #banana #smoothie

Avocado Banana Smoothie

Is it just me or do you always have a rotten banana and a really ripe avocado on hand?  I know I do.  

So I got to thinking, why not combine them in my gently used Vitamix?  Now you might be thinking, wow - I can't afford a Vitamix.  At $600 a pop, neither could I.  Luckily I was talking to a friend of mine who had a Vitamix that he was no longer using and offered to sell it to me for $75.  Talk about the gift that keeps on giving! 


Skipping breakfast or missing nutrients in your day is not an option.  Luckily, you've landed on my blog and can take advantage of this simple and nutritious smoothie that I created for my sister and I after a morning workout.  I'm happy to share this deliciousness with you.  

This smoothie is perfect for all of you breakfast skippers and on-the-go types.  Isn't that most of us these days?  If you think that skipping breakfast is the first step in losing weight, you are defeating the purpose and causing the opposite effect.  If you think you can't possibly be healthy while on-the-go, you can.  It just takes a small amount of time to plan.  I can help.

Ingredients:
2 ripe bananas
1/2 ripe avocado
12 almonds
2 tablespoons, hemp hearts
1 container Dreaming Cow Grass Fed yogurt, plain or vanilla agave
1 container of water (use yogurt container)

Assembly:
Put all ingredients in Vitamix or high speed blender in no particular order.  Blend and serve with a straw.  

Enjoy.

Would love to hear your feedback and see photos in the comments below.

Sheila
www.lifeelemental.com
"I help you upgrade to a happier, better feeling and more successful you in six months guaranteed or your money back."


No comments:

Post a Comment