Monday, July 29, 2013

Farmer's Market Saturday = Buttered Leeks and Radishes Monday

While talking to my friend Chef Jim this week, I realized that I hadn't been to one farmer's market this season.  How sad is that?  I remember going twice a week on Tuesday's and Thursday's downtown.

You can probably guess where I headed this past Saturday - Lincoln Park's Green City Farmer's Market.  For $20 I scored an eggplant, a red pepper, a gorgeous bunch of purple carrots, many interesting looking zucchini and summer squash, a few gorgeous heirloom tomatoes and a leek.


I also found these amazing looking and tasting radishes.  I had never seen such a thing.  Click here to make this delicious side dish this week - Buttered Leeks and Radishes.


One conversation and $20 literally brought me back to creating so much joy for myself last Saturday afternoon.  Thanks Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment