Monday, July 15, 2013

Are you a 1 or a 5?

When you wake up in the morning, what is the first thing that you do?

Do you check your phone, do you peruse emails, do you answer your phone?  

Do you ever ask yourself what your intention is for the day?

What is your top priority?  Make a list now of the top 5 things that you do every day.  What are they?  Why are they?  Have you made the cut?  I challenge you for the next week to put yourself at the top of your priority list.  Your health, your body and your mind will thank you.

Here are the top 5 things I do first thing every morning for ME!

1.  Awake to a beautiful flower bedside.  This is especially helpful in the Midwest when the sun doesn't want to play.
2.  I journal 3 things I appreciate today.
3.  I read a book for 30 minutes.  I'm currently reading Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss
4.  I practice 20 minutes of yoga for free at www.yogadownload.com
5.  Finally, I set an intention for how I want to feel each day.  

Caution:  This practice is contagious!


1 comment:

  1. I love this! I'm a big fan of a daily intention. I've also just started waking up and telling myself, "I slept well. I feel good." We usually start with "I didn't get enough sleep" which starts our days in a mindset of deficiency. Love the flower bedside, too! Great post, Sheila! Thanks for the tips on starting your day brightly. xoxo

    ReplyDelete