Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dairy - Kind Does Matter!


I've been asked lately if dairy is bad for you.  As with anything, it depends what kind of dairy you are eating.  Let's take milk for example.

First, there's conventional dairy.  I believe it's the worst thing you can put in your body.  The average milk contains:
  • 20+ different chemicals and medications
  • 5 types of antibiotics including rBGH which has been linked to an increase risk of cancer by 35%
  • 5 types of steroids and growth hormones

Second, buying organic milk is a step up.  Organic milk has no pesticides, herbicides or hormones.  However, it is highly pasteurized at temperatures of 280 degrees and homogenized.  This damages the enzymes that our body needs.  Also, most cows are grass-fed, but not grass finished.  This means that cows only have to eat a diet that is 30% grass to be labeled as grass-fed.  Other parts of their diet could include corn, grain and antibiotics.  Sneaky ha?

Click here to read more.

I'm looking into Beyond Organic and their kefir drink called Amasai as a viable option to nourish the body with the maximum amount of strains of good bacteria.  Click here to see for yourself. 

I do not represent or sell this product.  However, I have a friend that does.  If you have interest please let me know and I'm happy to connect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment