Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Deconstructing Cravings - Part 3 Juicing & Weight Loss

The Problem:


In October 2011, I developed a cough that was hanging around for 2 1/2 weeks.  I wasn't too concerned because I was able to keep up my daily routine.  It was more of an annoyance every few minutes than anything.  


The Solution, or so I thought:


A week later, I decided to go to my doctor (call #1).  She thought it was an allergy, prescribed Claritin and Nasonex and let me go.  A week later, I was no better.  In fact, I was worse.  I called my doctor (call #2) and explained that I was wheezing, very short of breath and starting to have panic attacks.  I was eating less, sleeping more, had no energy and a cough that was deeper, more congested and like nothing I had experienced before in my life. I was worried I'd break a rib.  She prescribed a Z-Pack that I should take for 7 days and wanted to see me the next day.  WARNING, BRACE YOURSELF HERE:  On my way to the train, I coughed up things I had never seen before...but it felt good because while the pain of being bent over and holding my ribs in place was debilitating, it left what I felt to be a welcomed millimeter of breathing room.  I arrive at the office and I'm asked to be weighed.  I turned to the assistant and said, "Really?  I've been here 3 times in the last 6 weeks."  She replied, "it is a state policy that we weigh you each time you come in."  I later discovered I had lost 10 pounds.  Let me say that again, I LOST 10 pounds.  My doctor was not thrilled, but I was.  WOW.  I didn't think I needed to lose 10 pounds, but I'll take it, or should I say leave it?  She asked me if I was eating and then schooled me on protein, carbs, fruits and vegetables.  The new diagnosis was that I had pneumonia.


Now to my point.


The REAL Healer: Earth's Healing Cafe  --  Infection Healer Neem, Cat's Claw, Ginger, Lemon & African Cayenne.  I credit Earth's Healing Cafe for the Infection Healer and their delicious green juices for my road to recovery.  I purchased 2 healers and 2 drinks at a time as I didn't live nearby.  I drank an infection healer and a green juice a day.  At this time, my body was craving nutrients.  2 months later, I bought a juicer and having been juicing everyday ever since.


Once again, the benefits of adding in the good will crowd out the bad and you will see dramatic results if you stick with it.  I've been able to maintain my weight loss almost a year later.


Earth's Healing Cafe is located at 1942 W Montrose Ave, Chicago, IL 60613
EarthsHealingCafe.com


Sheila Petersen
Health Coach, CHC, AADP

Email: sheila@lifeelemental.com
Web: www.lifeelemental.com
Follow me on Twitter @lifeelemental 

No comments:

Post a Comment